What are main problems with guest blogging from Google's point of view:
- guest article hasn't topically to do with the whole publishing site
- guest article author is rewarded with (highly) keyword-enriched link anchor text from the guest article to author's own site.
Keyword preparationThe first in the To-Do list is the keyword research. Lets assume, the keywords are already selected. My advice: rephrase your keywords so, that they become entities. Not important from where: Wikipedia, DBpedia, Freebase, other structured vocabulary. It is to ensure, that the keywords are definitely known by Google, and not only known, but uniquely defined and, in the best case, URI-approved. If in doubt, which keyword to take: one more matching, but not "entitized" or lesser matching but defined as entity... In this case i would create an entity by Freebase for the better matching keyword:) And then use it.
Preparing posts for publishingPresumed there are 3 sites, which will publish our guest posts, are selected and the owner agree with our suggestions about markup used in our guest posts. Then go to work: write our posts down, enrich them with researched keywords. Use semantic markup and metadata on writing, especially those, which help to make machine readable the key concepts of our posts:
- use entities,
- verify them with URIs from Wikipedia and Freebase,
- use Dublin Core property "subject", Schema.org properties "about" and "mentions"
- place author info in your posts and describe it with semantic markup.
- We link our guest posts between each other. Link with keyword-rich anchors so, like it would be done if these sites were yours.
- Add to each guest post text a visible authorship link to your Google Plus profile.
- Add to the post on your site, which you've written to the same topic as the guest posts, keyword-rich links to all guest posts.
- Add to the post on your site a visible authorship link to your Google Plus profile, which contains keywords both in the title and in the link anchor.
- Publish in your Google Plus profile messages about each article release.
- Publish all of guest posts, post on your site and release messages at Google Plus time-displaced, that the whole job is done within a month.
- your own site with the thematic post is your main site and has a dofollow link from your Google Plus profile, from the "Story" area.
- sites, where are published your guest posts, are in the Google Plus list of sites, where you are the contributor.
The don't fear of guest posts - write good posts, link them correctly and enjoy the summer!